Saturday, February 23, 2008

is it even possibe?

to be addicted to sleep?
and hot showers?


seriously. i'll take like, 2 to 3 showers a day just because i feel stressed.
its probably not good for my hair or my skin...but it just feels too good.
the past week has been crazy. i really can't even believe all the stupid things that went on.

drama
drama
drama
drama

do you ever just want to get down on your knees and beg someone to be good to you?
do you ever just want to take your phone and smash it into a billion pieces?
do you ever feel like your life could totally be the next installment of laguna beach?
tonight i'm going to pray for an out of body experience. because things just aren't straight w/ me. before this past week things were good, but now i just feel so angry at almost everything. and everyone. and everything.


like my cell phone for always being the bearer of bad news.
and money for ruining everything that was ever good.
or maybe my body in general for wanting things that are stupid. like sugar. and carbs. and kisses from stupid boys.


and its only been because of this past week, all of this.
anyway.
i'm rambling.





SO anyway...

Here are my "TOPS" so far for 2008...because there are so many things to love right now and to be excited about and to be happy about and...and....etc!:


- Top Model: Totally down w/ Anya...just don't listen to her talk >>>




- Top Oscar: No Country for Old Men >>>



- Top Album: Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend
SUCH a colorful album. Feels good to listen to. A mix of Dr. Dog, the beatles, david bowie, and Elvis Costello





- Top Designer on Project Runway: Now this is a Tough one! Initially, I'd say Christian. I mean...its obvious. He's Amazing at what he does! But c'mon! Like, i know the Heatherette guys are crazy - BUT...i feel like christian is his own dimension and at least Heatherette makes Crazy shiz..Christian's pieces are classy and straight lined and amazingly tailored. His personality doesn't represent what he believes in his art!?! Yet, at the same time...you never know the industry...that's the type of thing that clients could either eat up or absolutely HATE. Here is Christian's collection from NY Fashion week. Like i said, he's ridiculous but notice his pose at the end - typical Christian Siriano...it really says everything about him. WARNING: If you're a fan of the show and hate
spoilers...DON'T watch it!


I ALSO love love love Jillian!! I don't think she is a couture designer as Christian is, but i absolutely think she could make an amazing ready to wear line. As far as her business savvy and personality goes....she is the polar opposite of Christian...almost TOO boring! Here is Jillians collection from Bryant Park. I absolutely would wear every last bit of it. So so cute.

and Last...who DOESN'T love Rami? ( OK...i guess i also spoiled the finale in that I've found Rami's collection on Youtube, and its sooo much better than Chris' and i have zero question in my mind that he made it to the finals...) Rami is the quentisential - "I came from a poor country, developed my own dress making skills, and am ridiculously good at what i do" - guy. I mean thats Coco Chanel! Thats Ralph Lauren! Thats Gucci! That is the story of every designer that has made a ridiculous impact on fashion. What designers showing right now have that story anymore? Close to none. THAT is why i love Rami so much...because i feel like he may have the most authenticity to his art. I'm not crazy about his separates, but his Dresses are quite beautiful. I don't see much wrong with the collection like the commentator on this next video does, but HERE is Rami's collection from fashion week. He may not be the one sticking to fall's trends, but i personally loved his collection in that its more of what a woman would really wear.

So basically, for me, its between the three - I think Rami would benefit the most from this competition and am kinda rooting for him!


- Top pick for the up coming presidential election: Huckabee. And no, I am not joking. He is the only candidate that I feel is really all about what he says he is about. I know he won't be on the ballad BUT...I'm praying for a miracle. . . I don't understand what Obama is really all about....simply because i feel like he hasn't really had a stance on anything AND i swear i will leave the country if Hilary gets it. She will ruin all of our lives. Her current campaign strategy- smearing Baraks character every chance she gets is really hurting her. How can someone like that lead the country?

check the following out..



The following is gooood stuff on Hillary..watch the whole thing. Its pretty incredible!





.
.
.
This list will be updated periodically every time i find something else requiring of my opinion...


back to photo editing!
ciao

2 comments:

Arianne said...

Nice thick blog Julia. Very interesting Obama footage. Love You.

George Blizzard said...

I think you need an out of Virginia experience.