Friday, July 4, 2008

Euro Trip Day 1

First off - Cheers to 21!



Secondly - Thank you to all of you that came and celebrated with me last night! The sushi was great the plumb wine was great the dancing was extra great. I think kelly put it right when she said, "This is THE best way to celebrate your 21st. No one here is Drama. Everyone is here to really celebrate the night!" And OH MAN was she right. The night was PERFECT (although i was wishing sarah, casey, & ruth could have been there!). A special thanks goes out to cory dupree who held my hand throughout the night AND to my baby luis for letting us cut the 50+ person line. I didn't have my camera with me to document but believe me..it was an amazing night and I really couldn't have asked for anything better. And on top of all that, the fact that I was going to spain didn't really sink in until I had you all around to remind me of how awesome of a time it was going to be...I was stressing out about it more than I was excited...until last night. So, here's a double thank you!


xxxx

I'm here at the Charlotte International Airport. I have a 4 hour lay over and am completely clueless as to what to do with that time. I wish the fireworks could have started sooner so I could catch them. This is the 2nd time I've flown to Europe on my birthday. First was to Hungary and Today to Spain. Before I left last night Cory stopped me before I got in my car and shared an awesome moment with me. " Savor EACH and EVERY moment, Julia. You only live once! Spend as much money as you can, take the most adventures as you can, and just enjoy every bit of it." He said. How true! Although I've already been reminding myself of this...It felt good to hear it from someone that has actually taken risks and gone and done just that. He didn't say be careful of the crazy people in europe, He didn't say don't get too crazy...he just said, GO! DO IT! That was the highlight of my night.

Saying that...I completely intend to do just that. I'm going to make the best of this experience. I never would have thought that I would be flying to Spain on my 21st birthday to see the running of the bulls. Never would I have thought that I'd be so blessed as to spend 2 days in Paris with my Best Friend. Never would I have thought that I could be THIS happy about where my life is right now. Yeah, I guess that's kind of sad to say..but you never really expect anything less than what you've been dealt. And in the past 2 years...I've had a lot to free myself from. But this is it. This is what I've been holding on so long for. That is what I believe.

I said a little prayer today as we were lifting off- That God would make this the best year yet. I prayed that I would learn and grow and feel so much from this trip. Because this is just another chapter in the book...hopefully it'll be my most favorite chapter yet. I guess we'll just have to see! Keep checking in because I'll be updating as much as I can.

love love.

Julia R.

2 comments:

kimjong said...

that was the same advice josiah gave me..and what did i do with it? i ended up dancing on bars in tokyo. im just saying...take it to the max.

sarah said...

hi- im in a hotel across from the airport in charlotte right now. i bet we missed eachother by mere hours-if not minutes. i saw the fireworks here. i bet they weren't as awesome as the things you're about to experience in europe. i love you. happy 21st. i'm glad you had a good one. i'm so bummed i couldn't be there.