Sunday, March 15, 2009

on girly things.

a girlfriend posted this on her virb. liked it. sue me?

xxx

FASHION

1) Describe your style:
- I don't really know how to describe my style. It's no secret that I'm conscious of trends, but I don't necessarily follow rules. I like one of a kind pieces and will mix them with basics.

2) Generally speaking, where is your favorite place to shop?:
- I can pretty much find whatever I am looking for at forever 21/Urban Outfitters.

3) Favorite place to splurge?:
- net-a-porter.com

4) Favorite basic pieces:
- I love shell tanks. I probably have one in every color. my banana republic white polo - completely tailored to fit me perfectly. a gray tri blend racer back tank from AA. khaki & black pencil skirts that i wear constantly. My dark wash BCBG pencil jeans. they are perfection.

5) Favorite vintage pieces:
- a cotton printed halter dress from my aunt, lace cardigan from mum, polyester floral skirt from mum, a beautiful black lace & sequins bolero and matching floor length high waist skirt from mom that i am waiting to find the perfect time to wear!

6) Favorite non-basic, non-vintage pieces:
- tops: really couldn't say. first that come to mind, a polyester floral print & a cashmere knitted purple sweater. dresses: a polyester boho dress with black tassel i recently purchased, LA mixx batwig sweater dress, anything by free people or kimchi & blue, a forest green cotton stretch dress from banana republic some people call the "sexy boss dress". It hugs and its comfortable and its not slutty. just like me?


7) Favorite fabrics/blends/prints/materials?:
- I tend to wear a lot of printed polyester? I also have a lot of jersey, cashmere, & lace. I love to wear tri-blend whenever at all possible. and denim, of course!

8) Favorite outerwear?:
- a Green Plaid 3/4 length pea coat with bronze buttons, Brown leather trench with bronze button, & of course! my black leather jacket.

9) Favorite Shoes?:
- Suede ankle boots nine west, classic black Blahs, brown cowgirl boots, & adidas sambas.

10) Favorite accessories?:
- jewelry: Silver wrap around ring, white leather watch with gold & silver face, diamond studs. Handbags: red leather chloe w/ gold metal & gray leather messenger with tassels

xxx

BEAUTY:

1) Describe your look:
- I like to highlight what I've got without modifying anything chemically/surgically etc. Fresh & natrual, not overly complicated.

2) Favorite make-up line? Favorite products?:
- Clinique has always done the job. I love their super moisture make up and powders. I also like their liquid blush & liner. nothing beats maybeline mascara! I use a nivea hydrating chap stick & Dior Kiss in mango soda for my lips.

3) Describe your normal make-up routine:
- conceal, line, mascara, blush, & lips

4) Favorite skin care line? Favorite products?:
- complicated question. I have very sensitive skin so it changes season to season & i honestly have only now mastered it. Face: St. Ives Exfoliating wash, Cetaphil daily facial cleanser, & neutrogena healthy skin face lotion w/ spf 15. Body: Oil of Olay or Dove body washes work the best for me. I also love jergens cherry almond lotion.

5) Describe your normal skin care routine:
- Water water water! Drinking water is the best for your skin. For me, i've been plagued with sensitive skin my whole life so skin care is day by day. I shower daily and make sure to moisturize as much as needed depending on the moisturizer i'm using. I also exfoliate once a week.

5) Favorite hair care line?: Favorite products?:
- i'm not big on hair products. sister introduced me to the aveda line, which i really love. I love Chi products tooo..

6) Describe your normal hair care routine:
- shampoo, condition, depending on time, i'll either air dry or flow dry and then straighten. i'm really not a hair girl. i don't have a normal stylist and in most cases will cut my own hair...? someone help.


7) How often do you get a manicure?:
- Used to be every 2 weeks. now...any chance i get.

8) Full Set or Basic? Color?:
- Basic with nude polish.

9) Spa treatments a must?:
- Yesssss.

10) Favorite handed down beauty secret?:
- i don't really think this is a secret, but! moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! especially right after the shower...

xxx

MIND / SPIRIT:

1) Describe your outlook on life:
- Your friends will fail you, your family will fail you, & you will fail yourself. Live with an understanding that some things are just out of your control and that God love & grace will never fail you.

2) Favorite piece of advice ever given to you?:
- My aunt once said that every woman eventually comes to an understanding with herself. I never understood this until recently and its seriously liberating.

3) How do you unwind?:
- listen/play music. read/write. photography. hang out with friends.

4) Favorite place to unwind?:
- The sky bar at the hilton on 31st. great view. pool. bar. hospitable staff. its like you're own roosevelt in the sky.

5) Whats your sign? Is it usually right?:
- I am a cancer and I don't really ever read that stuff.

6) Favorite self-help book? (Don't be shy...you know you've read one!):
- Self help book? hah. Donald Miller, C.s.Lewis, the bible? Influence by mk&a??

7) Your favorite charactaristics about yourself?:
- Weird question. pass.

8) Characteristics you need to work on?:
- I can be very impatient at times!

9) Women that have impacted your outlook on life?:
- My grandmother is very nurturing. at 83 she still corrects me on my grammar, corrects my unlady like tendencies, and gives great advice. My aunt has been able to travel the world and is the smartest and most nurturing woman in my life and continues to be my number one fan and continues to try to convince me that i can do anything i put my mind to. my momma is an amazing wife and mother and is smart and stays beautiful and has taught me what it means to age gracefully. I also admire carine roitfeld & dian von furstenburg for their business savvy! also Ruth from the bible.

10) When you die, what do you want your legacy to be?:
- Whether or not I'm rememberd doesn't really matter to me. What I do hope is that the people and places i've left behind have been impacted in a positive way. My ultimate goal in life is just to be a good wife, mother, & friend.

xxx

HEALTH / BODY:

1) Describe your fitness & health regimen?:
- Yoga mostly. I will be the first to tell you that I do not eat healthy by any means.

2) Favorite place to work out?:
- Hot House Yoga on 22nd in norfolk.

3) Favorite place to grab a healthy meal?:
- Anywhere greek or Z pizza for organic pizza.

4) Your un-healthy food weakness?:
- Chocoloate. by farr.

5) Do you take vitamins?:
- Not as often as I should but I do whenever I remember.

6) Ever had any work done?:
- I would never get work done, unless of course, they come up with a way to make you taller?

7) It's the night before your big date and you find a large & in charge pimple on your face. What do you do?:
- 30 seconds with a q-tip drenched in astringent & a little concealer. otherwise i go as is. but i NEVER pop. thats sick.

8) Favorite spa indulgence?:
- i'm not into gimmicks. just give me a great massage!

9) Part of your body you hate the most?:
- I wish i was a little bit talller.

10) Part of your body you love?:
- momma gave me her legs. thank youuu.

xxx
THE LIST

1) Favorite place to go for alterations?:
- mumma's living room.

2) Favorite Hair Salon?:
- AOC on 21st

3) Favorite Dry Cleaner?:
- Zoots in landstown commons

4) Favorite place to go for shoe repair?:
- n/a. i just buy new ones?

5) Favorite nail salon?:
- Venetian Nail Spa in lynnhaven mall.

6) Favorite place for body treatments?:
- Balance Therapeutic in Hilltop in VB

xxx


LOVED this survey. take it too! i wanna see what secrets we can pass about. good news coming soon. keep up with me..

xo - julia r.

No comments: