Monday, June 22, 2009

got offered a job a few weeks ago and was really excited only to be let down. they wanted to hire me, but are being pushed by corporate to hire employees with degrees. are we serious? so you're telling me, you'd rather trust someone that has a degree in something COMPLETELY unrelated to your multi-million dollar corporation than someone that has worked for the company and moved up in the company over the last 4 years? that, my friends is what i call bull shit. bull shit. i'm sorry i'm cursing but it is very disappointing to me. that i can't be supported by a company i have worked hard for for the past 4 years...

so, it must be said, that i am re-thinking quite a few things.
please forgive me for being frustrated this week but i feel like a lot of my hard work is being flushed and unnoticed because a piece of paper that i don't have.

kimmy was a great encouragement today and said that everything would be ok because she knows that verizon wasn't my "final destination". i'm praying for direction and i'm still holding on to my dreams for this boutique. i mean, if you own your own business, you don't need a degree...juuust saying..


my birthday is in 12 days. what . to . even. dooo.

2 comments:

The Triumphant Return of Paulie Walnuts said...

Sorry Jules :(

Life is a lot of bullshit.

I beleive in you!

sarahmarie said...

i've had a pretty rough week too.

this is the thought that's getting me through it "wilco! wilco!"