Wednesday, August 5, 2009

you eat a match & laugh...i catch on fire


pretty good movie although, i don't know why it didn't settle as well with me as i would have hoped it would. maybe its the realization that in some weird way, i've become summer. not in every way, but i could say that at the rate my thinking has been going at, her outlook on love is pretty much the direction i've been pointing towards. i hate admitting that, because quite frankly, zoey deschanel's character made me angry most of the movie mainly because of her disrespect & lack of heart & because of the way she reminded me of every guy that has ever broken my heart. but tonight i came to the realization that although my thoughts on love are completely realistic and healthy, there is so much lacking in all of those things. lacking in faith, in hope, in God's desire for me to be with someone, etc. its the "yes man culture" / getting my head out of clouds / summer finn syndrome.

my parents have been married for 30 years. geeze. you would think...

i can, say though that this movie has awakened my sentimental sensitivity, again. i found myself missing a lot of what comes with love when i haven't really felt that way in a good while. i have honestly been praying that God would take away the hard parts i've been feeling building up. His answers, i can feel, are starting to shave away and soften those parts...

No comments: