i don't really feel it necessary to use too many words for this one, so here are a list of things i've learned the past month or so:
1) the difference and sometimes very hard to see dividing line between a blessing & a curse.
2) 7/10 women cannot be trusted. especially if A) you hardly know her and she wants to be your best friend and "play" all of a sudden & B) if you yourself have already warned other people that she cannot be trusted. please don't let this offend any of you, but its so true. and all of us women know it. (and this is absolutely not applicable to anyone that i know is following this blog.)
3) that the constitution of family is a very great learning tool & that it should definitely be valued, no matter what walk in life you are, or how smart you think you are.
4) how much i hate being on the other side of the, "i can't believe that is coming out of her mouth" - line. ALWAYS no matter how awful or off you're feeling...think before you speak! NO EXCEPTIONS!
5) the TRUE value of a dollar.
and finally (the same lesson i've learned time and time again):
6)) No matter how close you are to someone; no matter how much you have done for them, defended them, or have been loyal to them; and no matter how much you feel like or are told you are their best friend, always guard your heart, & realize that you only really see who your real friends are when times are tough and the dust clears. ( the EXACT reason why, sarahmarie & ruth have been my best friends for years. we're always honest with one another and have always been each other's biggest fans. i need more people like the two of them in my life.) It is absolutely all about how they pick their fights, how they defend you, & what kind of bandwagon they are trying to hop on. To put things bluntly, until they've stuck it out with you, you should never invest your happiness in anyone else but yourself & your god. Always prepare yourself for the falling out, because you never ever know when it will come. continue to be a good friend to them BUT you are not required to give back what isn't being given to you. in one word: reciprocity.
i'm sorry if this post was depressing but its absolutely everything i've been thinking lately.
& p.s. i've been having a really reallly great few weeks.
& p.p.s. i have this weekend off and its going to be awesome
& p.p.p.s. i'm so excited about best friend's day in richmond with sarahmarie!