1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
made myself a home. met the love of my life.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
i think my resolution was to quit smoking. so yes! i did keep my resolution.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth or get pregnant?
literally - more than half
4. Did anyone close to you get married?
casey & miah got married - everyone else just got engaged.
5. Did anyone close to you die?
no, thankfully so.
this is the one year that i pretty much stayed put, sadly.
7. Did you move anywhere?
as of october i'm a proud west ghent resident.
8. What was the best month?
every month has gotten better.
9. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
i'd like to be completely 100% debt free!
10. What date(s) from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
too personal to share on here. but the day definitely changed my life.
11. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
moving to ghent. paying all of my own bills all on my own!
12. What was your biggest failure?
staying at a company i hated working for
13. Did you suffer illness or injury?
nothing serious. thank God.
14. What was the best thing you bought/were given?
justin built me a beautiful bike. christmas was amazing too.
15. Whose behavior merited celebration?
my niece olivia's behavior always merits celebration.
16. Whose behavior made you appalled and/or depressed?
ha. pshh. uh can't talk about that.
17. Where did most of your money go?
rent and bills!
18. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
moving to ghent. falling in love!
19. What song will always remind you of 2009?
how about, "middle cyclone" - neko case (the whole album) & "home" - edward sharp & the magnetic zeros
20. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier!
ii. richer or poorer? poorer. i was living at home this time last year. haha
21. What do you wish you'd done more of?
22. What do you wish you'd done less of?
23. How did you spend New Year's Eve/Day?
my nye party at the sandler center
24. What was an unexpected surprise?
25. Did you fall in love in 2009?
26. What was the best concert you've been to this year?
wilco in dc
27. What was your favorite TV program?
i don't watch much tv but i really love no reservations.
28. Do you dislike anyone now that you didn't dislike this time last year?
we'll skip this one.
29. What was the best book you read?
the road - cormac mccarthy earlier this year
30. What was your greatest musical discovery?
beck's record club. edward sharpe & the magnetic zeros. "reh dog"
31. What did you want and get?
i wanted a real life. one with everything exactly as they were. no more fake people. no more fake feelings. etc. and i pretty much got exactly that.
32. What did you want and not get?
a puppy. and to go to greece.
33. What was your favorite film of this year?
fantastic mr. fox / up in the air / coraline / inglorious bastards
34. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
family dinner followed by dinner and dancing with some close friends. also got tickets to see wilco in dc.
35. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
i would have liked a better work atmosphere
36. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
black. gray. white. comfort. jewelry made from other things? that about sums it up
37. What kept you sane?
a lot of prayer. friends and fam.
38. What political issue stirred you the most?
HA! where do i even start?
39. Who did you miss?
my best friend!
40. Random Memories from 2009?
random trips to DC. visiting friends in other states. seeing old faces. falling in love.